Rockford Ball Screw offers custom bearing mount and support solutions for common sizes of standard ACME and ball screws.
Every screw assembly functionally requires a means of supporting the rotational axis of the screw and absorbing the radial and axial force components, e.g.
- Bearing support utilizing rolling element bearings
- Sleeve and rolling element bearing combination
- Static screw mounted into a structure with a rotating nut
It is recommended that only axial force vectors are transmitted directly into the axis of the ball screw to obtain optimal and in some instances functional performance & longevity.
All of RBS bearing mounts are furnished sealed and greased from the factory. Bearing mounts can be shipped loose for customer installation or preassembled to the screw at their factory.
Custom Bearing Supports
Rockford Ball Screw works closely with their customers to design, engineer, and manufacture custom bearing supports for unique applications. Custom bearing support examples:
- Tapered roller bearings
- Thrust bearing arrangements
- Spherical roller bearings
- Multiple angular contact bearing stacks